THE 19 May 2007 PUBLIC MEETING ON KILLALEA DEVELOPMENT saw the following speakers publicly support each other in opposing development at the park:
· State Upper house Greens parliamentarian Sylvia Hale,
· Howard Jones the Deputy Mayor of Kiama Council,
· Dave Burgess from the Total Environment Centre (TEC),
· Ben van der Wijngaart from Kiama Greens,
· Ben Grounds from Healthy Cities Illawarra,
· Mairi Petersen from SPACE,
· June Pronk from the Illawarra Escarpment Coalition (IEC),
· Rowan Huxtable from the Wollongong Climate Action Network (W-CAN),
· Uncle Reuben Brown, an aboriginal elder who expects to submitt a native title claim for Killalea
· Peter Moran,
· Sonya McKay, also organiser the Illawarra Community and Environment Connection (ICEC) as MC.
The growing list of groups opposed to any land from the Killalea State Park being effectively privatised for development include ICEC, TEC, Healthy Cities Illawarra, SPACE, IEC, W-CAN, Illawarra and Kiama Greens.
Killalea family and their thoughts